employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
421 Palmer Street, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
• Operating industrial fork lift truck to load and unload materials and product to/from trucks and trailers, checking for proper material, count and quality. • Utilizing the production schedule on forklift computer and/or the shipping Pick List and follows oral instructions to ascertain which orders will be staged, loaded, unloaded or warehoused. • Loading product for customer pickup and prepares common carrier and UPS, SPEE DEE Fed Ex deliveries for shipment. • Loading materials into trailers properly to prevent shifting or damage in transit, installing stabilizer bars as needed. • Rebuilding units, replaces broken banding and generally improves damaged units to meet shipping requirements and GNC quality guidelines. • Checking in raw materials received, visually checking for damage or other problems, re-tags units with the proper Load Tag as needed and stages in designated area. • Checking in finished product from vendors, using the check out sheet for that order, re-tags unit with the proper bar code tag and stages in designated area. • Stacking and rearranging product to make the best use of available space. • Checking finished units coming down the auto bander line for neatness, uniformity, load tags and proper banding. • Notifying production supervisors and production material handlers of the arrival of outstanding orders. • Notifying production scheduler of any order discrepancies. • Keeping raw material and finished product storage areas and aisles neat, clean and orderly. • Informing supervisors and production scheduler when trucks have arrived and what product is needed for production and shipping. • Using production run schedule on forklift computer to stage raw material in production area for next day run. • Keeping machine lines stocked with raw materials following production run schedule. • Using Bills of Lading to enter product received into Order Manager and scans the orders to the bay location. • Following all quality procedures for accuracy and quality. • Checking forklift fluid levels and safety devices daily and keeps forklift clean and blown down of dust accumulation. • Changes LP tanks safely, following written guidelines. Wage varies from $18.90 - $20.40
- Shift start: 2:30PM or 11:00PM
- Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
- Days: 3rd Shift: Sunday through Wednesday, 11:00pm to 7:15am, and Thursday, 11:00pm to 6:00am. Overtime on some Saturdays.
- Health, dental, vision insurance available after 30 days
- Paid time off
- Must be at least 18+ years old
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
About Great Northern
Since 1962, our success has been built on great partnerships with our customers. It is this strong bond that serves our mission “To help our customers win by doing what others can’t or won’t.” When working with Great Northern, you’ll see this entrepreneurial spirit ingrained in our culture. We welcome new challenges and continue to provide innovative solutions to the packaging and instore industries Our capabilities are broad, ranging from traditional corrugated boxes to innovative retail displays seen throughout the country. In addition, we manufacture protective products used in the transport and storage of just about any item you can think of.