food/drink kid friendly outdoor venue: Richfield Nature Park
QR Code Link to This Post
The Richfield Historical Society (RHS) invites you to celebrate spring at its annual Maple Syrup Family Day, Saturday March 24th 2018, 11 am to 4 pm at Richfield Historical/Nature Parks located 1896 Hwy 164, Richfield WI 53076, 1/2 mile north of Hwy 167. Admission is FREE.
Spring brings increased activity in the RHS sugar shack where the sap from maple trees is processed into syrup. Syrup demonstrations begin at 11:15 am, 12:15 & 1:15 pm and you will learn the history of maple sap products beginning in 100 AD. You are invited to inspect the sugar shack and ask questions about the syrup production.
You can visit the park's historical buildings and learn about the on-going renovation projects:
• Visit the General Store in the RHS Lillicrapp Welcome Center
• Learn how tools were made at the Blacksmith Shop
• Listen to a story during Story Time in Log Cabin: 11:45, 12:45 & 1:45.
• Tour the log barn & cabin (buildings open weather dependent).
• Tours are available in the Messer/Mayer Mill and the Millers Home. Cost for Mill & House tours: $5.00, under 6 free.
Bring your appetite. Visit the concession stand for hot dogs cooked in maple sap along with beverages and sweets. Our Maple Cotton Candy will be a tasty delight.
Funds raised at the Maple Syrup Family Day and the other RHS events support the Society's educational programs and maintenance of the Richfield Historical Park. For more information, visit www.richfieldhistoricalsociety.org and stay connected to RHS on Facebook and Twitter.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers